Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I can't count to five.

I found this cartoon somewhere and it's describing me.... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 .....

I can't count to five, I have no trouble counting to 3 but 5 is a problem.


This is my solution, you may look and see a string but no it's a row counter and a stitch marker.
My pattern is 5 row repeats in the round, and I place the first loop that will be round one and each time I come to the string I know to move the loop to the next one. I cleverly added a little bead at the end so I know which end is up.

When I reach the last loop I know I've completed 5 rows, no paper, no row counter just a little piece of string. And even if I put the knitting down and pick it up at random I still know where I left off.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Brilliant idea!!

Joanne said...

Very clever, especially with the bead on the end.

Marla said...

This is better than your 99 cent store rubber band stitch markers.