Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Laundry

I decided that my son has been working so very hard 12 hour days that he really honestly has not had time to do any of his laundry. In an attempt to keep this adult "employee" and "room and board" tenant relationship as opposed to "Oh MOM". I thought about it and decided to treat him like I would and employee.

If I have an employee who is working so hard 6 days a week and so exhausted by the time they got home, I would certainly try and make life as easy as possible for them. Ok so I'm doing the laundry. Mountains and Mountains of laundry.

I think every piece of clothing he owned needed to be washed or at least it seems like it. So I'm thinking that I'm making great progress and have washed and folded and put away endless amounts of tee shirts and socks etc. When my son comes to me to ask for a specific shirt. My favorite shirt is missing!

So we are frantically searching for his shirt, he is upset I am upset. He says to me I know this laundry is the the Bermuda Triangle! There is something always disappearing from this laundry! I've known this for years! And its always my favorite shirt that goes missing.

So we search.... will keep you posted....

The funny part is I too have had thoughts about my laundry being like the "Bermuda Triangle" many things have gone missing. I'm not sure how it happens but it does. Especially single socks they go missing all the time. Still investigating this phenomena will keep you posted on this one too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're a good employer! ;) Wonder if my Principal will come help me do my laundry...

Anonymous said...

Hey Ana, This is Beth from the cruise. You may or may not remember me, but, we shared quite a few laughs. I've been enjoying your blog. Dodger night looked like a lot of fun, and meeting Crazy Aunt Purl to boot. I admire your zest for life. Fun seems to follow you around, but, perhaps, you bring it with you! Thanks for the blogging.