Friday, March 23, 2007

This Project took me forever.....




Part of the "worms" collection this is the softest yarn made of bamboo in this vibrant turquoise. Yarn made of Bamboo is new to me but I like it feels like cotton, we'll see how it launders. Coned yarn and fine I think finer than lace yarn it is really thread fine. I started to experiment with it trying to make a swatch and it ended up this wormy scarf.

Originally I started to add strands to see how many it would take to make something, I ended up using 6 strands. Then I started to make a swatch knitting on a size 7 needle then wondered how it would look if I crochet it then I did not have the heart to stop so I kept going.

Knit, knit, knit and I crochet out once in a while when I felt like it, so the "worms" are random. I got started really excited because it started looking great but the last 20% was a drag. Often projects get that way I'm almost finished and I get tired of it and want to start something else.

Maybe that is why I have so many UFO's (unfinished objects) but it feels really good to get one of those UFO's finished and wear it. It's just a very light weight spring time scarf. Here is the finished picture:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might have taken forever but I think it's WELL worth it! It's adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love it! The worms are just so fun and the color is excellent.

Anonymous said...

What a cool scarf! Very original.