Tuesday, January 02, 2007

On the needles....




I met up with my good friend Ellen Bloom, (L.A. is My Beat) at the Farmers Market "SNB" meeting last Thursday evening and Ellen gave me a wonderful cone of "mystery" yarn. Kind of an unusual color but ever so soft.

As soon as I got home I decided to start right in, yes abandon my other works in progress to start this one, it is starting to take shape and feels ever so soft and cuddly. I've decided that I'm going to make a triangle scarf with a ruffle edge. Sort of like a combination of these two projects from the latest Vogue Knitting magazine.

The ruffle of this one:
But in a shawl version sort of like this one:

Once I finish the triangle shawl shape then I will pick up stitches all the way around probably a thousand stitches and increase to two thousand and then three thousand etc. Just knit and knit and knit...... Music to my ears......



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it'll be a great project!... do you think 'kidfur' is made with real kids? lol ;)

AR said...

That's going to look gorgeous! Can't wait to see it all done.

Ana Petrova said...

Yes I definitely think that "kidfur" is made of real kid hair!

I'm out searching right now for more kids for their hair! lol ;)