Friday, January 19, 2007

The Bitch reads my mind...

I'm not sure is she is psychic or sneaks behind my back and logs on and reads my blog. Either she reads my mind or the blog. I'm sure she has not talked on the phone!

As I was kind of debating on weather to get a new puppy or not all of a sudden my little girl aka. "The Bitch" suddenly started acting up. She soiled the carpet poop and all and has not been talking to me. I know this may seem strange to some of you who do not have a dog who talks to them but this dog holds a grudge. When she decides she is not going to talk to me I know it, there is less greeting and she distances herself from me and I don't have the occasional snuggle etc. Usually she is right next to me all over the house no matter where I go there she is right by my ankle not now I see her as I'm writing this all the way on the other side of the house. Yup she is mad at me and is not talking to me.

I really think it was over the get a new puppy idea. I have changed my mind partially because I'm sure "The Bitch" would kill it. Besides the grooming the housebreaking and all the rest of it seems a bit more than I want to do right now. I'd rather knit...

I know I know, she is the dog and I am the master but somehow I have lost this battle and have totally let her take over and run the house. I do make feeble attempts to control her like I'm making her sleep in the kitchen because of the poop incident but I think it just rolls off her back and she waits it out for a weak moment and we are right back in her control.

Each time I get a new puppy I think OK now is my chance this time I am going to train this dog and not spoil them and I am the Master.... blah blah ... and each time I miserably fail. They get spoiled and doted upon and pretty soon they rule the house. This little girl especially has been the smartest dog we've ever had, and she has perfected the art of playing us and wrapping us around her little paws. So I guess no new puppy for us..... not now anyway.

No comments: